Farewell from the Founder

Hello, Everyone!

I cannot believe how fast this past year has gone by!   Between homeschooling two kids, trying to run a placement agency and a nanny group and trying to be a writer, I've been one busy girl!  So busy, in fact, that I've had to make a very hard decision.  For those of you who missed the last get-together at Fiddleheads, my big announcement was that I will no longer be running the Alliance and I will be closing Northshore Professional Nanny Agency at the end of the year.  

Between the economy and the rise of online agencies, NPNA has just not been productive these past two years and I no longer have the time and energy to put any more into it.  Though it is hard to let it all go, in my heart of hearts I know it's time to move on to something new.  Also, I think the Alliance will be able to go further without being associated with a placement agency - which brings me to the good news:  

Our very own Marcia Hall has agreed to take over the Alliance for me, so you will all be in very capable hands.  Marcia is a Certified Professional Nanny from the English Nanny & Governess School, the 2011 INA Nanny of the Year and an INA Board Member, Parent Coach and owner of Strong Roots Family Coaching, among other things.  I don't think there's a more qualified person in the whole of Wisconsin to run the group than Marcia!

Because the Alliance is no longer attached to an agency, it's name will change to The Nanny Alliance of Wisconsin - a great name for a new year and a new beginning.

I am so thankful for all of the great nannies and people I've met through the Alliance - we should all be proud of what we have accomplished as a group these past 5 years (yes, it has been that long!).  I know that Marcia will have the time and energy to take this group forward in a way I've always wanted to, but could never quite manage, and that you will continue to do great things together and grow and support each other as professionals.  

Portrait by http://www.snappeaphoto.com/
Although Marcia will not run a placement agency, she will continue to offer the nanny and family consultations should you need them.  A nanny consultation is only $25 and will assist you greatly in constructing your profile, interviewing safely, understanding nanny taxes and insurance and using a work agreement with your family.  Marcia will also continue to offer plenty of social and educational events to all of the nannies in WI, so look for that and get involved!

Thank you all for your well-wishes and kind words as I embark on my new journey, but no matter where I go from here, I will always consider myself a professional nanny and be proud of it!   
As Ever,

Mary  

-- 
Mary Boyle
Northshore Professional Nanny Agency, Owner
Northshore Professional Nanny Alliance, Founder
Phone:  (262) 573-6678
Email:  northshorenanny@gmail.com
Web:  www.northshorenanny.org
Web:  www.nannyalliance.blogspot.com
"Dedicated to Improving & Promoting the In-home Childcare Profession!"